“Whether you lead a nation, an enterprise, a community or a family, we are all in the communication business”
Robin S. Sharma
The Leadership & Effective Communication seminar, delivered by Clive Cusens, is primarily designed for organisations who wish to train their managers and/or top-level executives. It can, however, be tweaked to appeal to front-line staff (those who deal with the client directly). This seminar touches upon a number of different areas and can include a number of the following modules:
- Analysis of management roles and management styles
- Asking the right questions to get the right answers (including the technique of pre-supposition)
- How to make meetings more efficient
- The difference between an interruption and an interjection (and how to deal with either)
- Making proposals, offering counter-proposals and concessions
- Closing a negotiation
- Dealing with difficult and volatile situations:
- Giving constructive criticism
- Disagreeing effectively
- Saying ‘no’ effectively
- Dealing with complaints
The seminar takes place over a full day, with 6.5 hours of instruction and practice, 2 short coffee breaks and a lunch break, and is designed for a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 participants. This is due to the fact that the training will include 2 in-depth simulations. The nature of these simulations will depend on your organisation’s specificities, so a free consultation will be provided to you in order to give the participants as realistic a scenario as possible in each of the simulations.
Master every situation with confidence and grace.
Tuition is delivered in English.